Regina Road Runners "Boot Race"
A 5 KM Handicap Race
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Starting Time: 10:00 AM
Rick Hansen Playground in A.E. Wilson Park
RRR Members: Free
Registrations received after Wednesday May 2 will be charged an additional $5.
Payment must be made at the race. Exact change appreciated. Cheques should be made payable to Regina Road Runners.
To register complete this online form (http://reginaroadrunners.wufoo.com/forms/regina-road-runners-boot-race-registration/). If you have problems or questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We are trialling this registration system and welcome feedback.
You must provide your best 5K time in the last year. (If you have not run a 5K in the last year, give your best estimate, or give a time from another race, and we’ll convert it.)
- Each runner provides their best 5 K time in the past year.
- The runner with the highest time starts first with the following runners starting later by the difference between their time and the highest time.
- For example, Runner #1 best time is 30 minutes, Runner #2 best time is 28 minutes, and Runner #3 best time is 25 minutes.Runner #1 starts at 10:00AM, Runner #2 starts at 10:02AM (30-28=2, thus starting 2 minutes later) and Runner #3 starts at 10:05AM (difference of 5 minutes, thus starting 5 minutes later).
- If everyone finishes on their time, everyone should finish at the same time.
- Maps can be provided.
- Watch for others using the pathways.